If one day you decide that you are finally ready to move to another place and you need to hire man and van company. But there are so many of them. So how to choose the right one? There are some advises how to find the man and van London company that suits your needs best.
- Making list. This is the first step you need to take in you moving process. You need this list because when you will have it, it would be much easier to contact them because then you will be sure that you are not trying to reach the same company for the second time or you have not missed anything.
- Getting quotes. Next step is to write queries or just call to the companies from your list. Ask them what are their prices, what exact service you are going to get and when they are available to move you. Usually removal companies sales manager will try to propose to you some additional services. Do not try to stop him/her from it. Maybe they will suggest you some services that you even thought about, for example packing, which can be very exhausting.
Also, majority of sales managers will be able to say you just the standard prices. Tell them as much possible details about your removal plans that they could give you the more exact proposal according to your needs.
- Giving yourself time. Do not expect that getting quotes is very fast process. Contrary, it might take about two weeks to get all the information you need. When you will get all the quotes you were expecting, do not hurry up to pick up one or another company just right away. Give yourself time to think, to consider all pros and cons. Of course, before giving yourself time you should be sure that on that day when you are ready to move the man and van company will be able to provide you their services, that they are not fully booked.
- Providing details. When you decide which company to choose you need to tell them all the details of your removal. Such information like on which floor do you live, is there any elevator or not, if they will need to use stairs, so how many stair treads there are and so on is inevitable for removal company to know. So do not forget to provide them all this information if you want to move your stuff as smooth as possible.
- Insuring. Some removal companies are providing insurance for your belongings during moving. But if the company which you have chosen is not providing one make sure to insure you thing by yourself. You can never know what can happen.
- Negotiating. Majority of removal companies are flexible to their clients. Try to negotiate with them for better price. But do not forget that moving during peak times, such as on weekends or after school are more expensive and company might not be interested to negotiate with you.
- Double checking. Do not forget to check the company that you have chosen. First, ask you relatives and friends if they have heard anything about that company. Then try browsing the internet. If they are cheating or their services are not qualified you will definitely find a lot of information about that. Also you can check The British Association of Removers or The National Guild of Removers and Storers websites for more information.
After you have implemented all these actions you are ready to move. If you have asked for packaging services then you can relax for a while, if not – start packing all your wealth.